Choosing a virtual mailbox for your business can be a great way to secure a real business mailing address in the city of your choice. Virtual mailbox services save you the time and hassle of manually handling your business's mail operations, including shredding sensitive mail and depositing checks.
This is a game-changer for businesses that receive large volumes of mail. With a virtual mailbox, you no longer have to worry about manually sorting and storing mail in a disorganized desk drawer — the service handles it all for you. And, unlike a P.O. Box, many virtual mailboxes also offer registered agent services, ensuring that you receive any important legal documents and keep your business filing up-to-date.
There are dozens of virtual mailbox services available, but they're not all created equal. Some are designed more with personal use in mind, whereas others have features to help companies that handle hundreds of mail items and checks every week. If you're looking for the best virtual mail service for your business, here are some recommendations for you.
Stable is a business-focused virtual mailbox service offering real street addresses in five major metropolitan cities across the U.S.: San Francisco, New York City, Dover DE, Austin TX, and Miami.
With scanning, forwarding, storing, and shredding services available, business owners can leverage Stable to save valuable time when it comes to managing mail operations.
Stable offers a few different pricing plans (all of which include unlimited scans and mail content scans, unlimited mail reception, and unlimited recipients for free on all plans) — and getting started is as easy as signing up for an online account.
- Free change of address guidance with an instructional checklist customized for your business
- Unlimited storage of digitized documents
- Secure shredding of mail and packages at your request (or automatically after 30 days)
- Bulk forwarding available to reduce shipping rates
- Time-saving automations for opening/scanning mail, forwarding packages, and depositing checks
- Unlimited mail reception
- Hands-on onboarding, including pre-filled USPS Form 1583 and a five-minute verification process
- Ability to invite team members to view and manage business mail
- Registered agent services available for an additional monthly fee
- Digitized mail is easily searchable, saving you time and storage
- Integrations with popular tools, including Dropbox and Google Drive
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- User permissions and SSO available in Enterprise plain
- May be overkill for personal use
- No mobile app (but an intuitive web dashboard)
- Custom user permissions only available on Enterprise plans
2) Anytime Mailbox
Another virtual mailbox solution to consider for your business is Anytime Mailbox, a provider that offers a number of addresses not just across the United States, but globally. With flexible plans, business owners can choose the one that works for them and make changes (or cancel) at any time. There's even a free trial period for those who wish to test-drive this provider's services before signing up for a paid plan.
- Access to a global network of more than 1,800 virtual business locations
- Mail can be accessed from any device at any time
- Open and scan mail, forward mail/packages, and request check deposit
- Plans start as low as $5.99 per month
- Mail and packages can be accepted from any mailing or shipping company
- All transmissions secured with HTTPS, and all mail images transmitted over a secure 2040-bit SSL connection
- Over-the-phone customer support available during regular business hours
- Uses third-party contractors, so the quality of service really depends on your specific operator
- No registered agent services
- Confusing user interface according to many user reviews
3) PostScan Mail
PostScan Mail is a virtual mailbox service provider that works exclusively with third-party operators. With more than 10 years of experience offering virtual mailbox services, PostScan Mail offers addresses throughout the United States and beyond — with plans starting as low as $10 per month.
- Responsive and free mobile apps (iOS and Android) make it easy to access mail on the go
- Access to premium mailbox locations, ranging from New York and Los Angeles to Chicago and Miami
- Mail/package forwarding, mail scanning, and mail storage (up to 30 days for free)
- Ability to add multiple recipients and sub-accounts
- Mail recycling available for physical mail items you don't need to keep
- Free archiving of all scanned mail items
- Filters and folders allow you to keep your mail organized at all times
- Accepts mail and packages from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL
- Uses third-party operators, so the quality of your service may vary
- Doesn't accept hazardous, restricted, or perishable items
- No registered agent services
4) Earth Class Mail
Already trusted by thousands of companies, Earth Class Mail offers virtual mailbox services for businesses and individuals alike. With addresses available all across the United States, some popular locations available through Earth Class Mail include Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, New York City, and Philadelphia.
- Free secured shredding services
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Live customer support
- Integrations with popular business platforms, including QuickBooks and Google Drive
- Green initiatives, such as recycling of junk mail
- More than 80 prestigious address locations available
- 10 days of free package storage and 30 days of free mail storage with all mailbox plans
- Mail is only handled by highly trained staff (not third parties)
- Ability to request check deposits directly to your bank
- Business virtual mailbox solution may be overkill for personal use
- Business plans start at $79 per month, which may be pricey for smaller businesses or freelancers
- Limited incoming mail and scans, so if the volume is high, you’ll pay a lot more
USA2Me offers virtual address and digital mailbox services specifically in the United States. This company has been around for nearly 20 years and offers a wide range of services for individuals and businesses alike. And unlike most virtual mailbox providers, USA2Me even offers a free basic plan where you pay only for the services you use (plus a one-time setup fee).
- Remailing services to save your business money
- Ability to receive scans of mail received via fax
- USA-based phone numbers (VoIP) available
- Order fulfillment services for businesses
- Four affordable plans available, including a free plan that includes a USA-based address, 30 days of document storage, and online mail management
- À la carte services available, ranging from shipment insurance to document scanning
- 30-day risk-free trial available to new users
- Referral program available
- Registered agent services not available
- Lack of dedicated mobile app can make accessing accounts clunky on some devices
- Virtual mailing addresses are only based in the United States
Incfile has been in the game for nearly 20 years, and unlike many virtual mailbox providers, they offer a wide range of other services, including LLC formation, C/S Corporation filing, business licensing, contract templates, and more. With the exception of Oregon, Incfile offers virtual business addresses in all 50 states.
- Complete and secure scanning of all mail within one business day of receipt
- Worldwide access via web browser (no need to install any software or apps)
- Security and encryption to keep digital data safe
- Registered agent services available for an additional fee
- Email notifications each time you receive new mail or packages
- Mail forwarding service for bank checks, credit cards, and debit cards to anywhere in the world
- Intuitive online portal makes it easy to access mail
- Cannot accept packages, only traditional mail
- Lack of dedicated mobile apps can make using the platform on a smartphone or tablet cumbersome
7) Traveling Mailbox
If you're looking for a low-cost virtual mailbox with no frills, Traveling Mailbox may be worth a look. Founded in 2011, Traveling Mailbox offers address locations throughout the United States, with support offered seven days a week.
- Scanning, forwarding, and shredding services included with all plans
- Integrations with popular services like Dropbox and Google Drive
- Mobile app available on Android and iOS
- Folders make organizing mail quick and easy
- Unlimited cloud storage is included with all paid accounts
- Customer service available seven days a week via live chat, phone, and email
- Check depositing services save you time and hassle
- Shipping discounts available to save you money
- Service is designed more for individuals rather than growing businesses
- Plans include limits on the number of incoming mail pieces that can be accepted each month
- Plans do not come with unlimited users, which may not be suitable for larger businesses
- This service relies on third-party operators, so consistency in service may vary
If you prefer a virtual mailbox provider that doesn't rely on third-party operators, VirtualPostMail is a service that handles all its own mail operations and processing on-site. With more than 29,000 customers served, VirtualPostMail offers plans for small business owners, travelers, and digital nomads alike.
- Permanent commercial address to receive postal mail
- Online mail management, scanning, forwarding, storage, and shredding
- Check depositing without the trip to the bank
- Free registered agent services for businesses
- 99.9% uptime gives business owners peace of mind
- 256-bit encryption of all mail correspondence provides added security
- Excellent support with an average response time of less than 2.5 business hours
- Intuitive interface that makes it easy to take action on your mail
- Free secure mail shredding and free physical mail storage for up to 60 days
- Virtual addresses are only available in Florida, Delaware, California, and Nevada
- Plans can get pricey, topping out at $90 per month for a Premium subscription
- Checks cost $10 per deposit
If you want to send business mail rather than receive and forward it, Switch may be what you’re looking for. Switch offers mail preparation services so you can send business mail directly from your account, saving you time and eliminating trips to the post office.
- Integrations with Zapier to improve productivity and efficiency
- API integrations can reduce mailing costs by automating mail processes
- Mail tracking and reporting makes it easy to see when mail is delivered
- Data encryption provides additional security and peace of mind
- Send mail to any U.S. domestic address without leaving your home or office
- Easily export your contacts and addresses with just a few clicks
- Choose from certified or standard mail through USPS
- Virtual address and mailbox services not available (this service is for sending mail only)
- Postage is only available through USPS, not other carriers
- Lack of iOS app (though one is in development)
10) Sasquatch Mail
If you're looking for an affordable virtual mailbox solution that's straightforward and easy to use, check out Sasquatch Mail. This service offers virtual address locations in California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, and Wyoming — and each business gets its own individual suite number for added legitimacy.
- Online virtual dashboard allows you to easily view your mail and access your account
- Unlimited digital mailbox storage with all plans
- Mail scanning, mail forwarding, and package forwarding available
- Virtual office phone service available for an added monthly fee
- Mail and packages can be stored free for up to 30 days
- Free shredding and recycling included with all paid plans
- Full audits and logging gives you added peace of mind
- À la carte services available, so you only pay for what you need
- Junk mail never counts towards your monthly scan allowance
- No registered agent services
- Only one plan, available at $9.99 per month (or $99 per year)
- Only a handful of virtual address locations to choose from
- Flat fee of $2 per scan can add up quickly for larger businesses that receive a lot of mail
If you're looking for a relatively affordable virtual mailbox service with plenty of address locations (both in the United States and worldwide), you'll want to check out iPostal1. This platform offers more than 2,500 street addresses to choose from, with plans starting as low as $9.99 per month. iPostal1 also a popular alternative to Anytime Mailbox, offering more address locations and similar pricing.
- Mail and package forwarding to any address
- Check-depositing services available
- Recycling and shredding of unwanted mail
- Business phone and fax services also available
- Ability to visit your physical address in person and pick up mail (if you live nearby)
- Deep discounts for international mail forwarding
- Ability to receive mail and packages from any carrier
- Free Android and iOS apps available
- Unlimited and secure cloud storage for mail scans
- Relies on third-party operators, so quality of service may vary depending on your physical location
- Users report that initial account setup can be cumbersome
- Lots of additional fees for services like mail forwarding and shipping
Stable is the virtual address and mailbox for business. Below are some reasons customers have told us they choose and continue to use Stable!
Change of business address process + onboarding
Changing business addresses can be complicated and time-consuming. While onboarding, Stable will compliantly guide you through the Change of Business Address process. During this transition, Stable will pre-fill forms you may need to file with the IRS or State, and be generally available to walk through the entire process. You'll even get a customized checklist with detailed instructions on how to update vendors, banks, payroll service, and others about your address change.
Find more information about changing your company's business address here.
Stable has addresses available in prestigious locations, including San Francisco, CA; Austin, TX; Dover, DE; Miami, FL; and New York, NY (on Market Street in Manhattan, — not far from the Empire State Building!).
While many other providers may hide fees in their pricing, Stable strives to be transparent, understanding the frustration of receiving surprise bills and avoiding this as a business practice.
Exceptional customer support (NPS 79)
Stable understands that starting and running a business is stressful. Your business address and mail is an important part of this, and if you need assistance with anything, Stable's team is available to help — even if it's to provide advice beyond core service offerings like best banks to use, insurance providers, etc. Stable currently boasts a Net Promoter Score of 79, which is on par with or above companies like Netflix, Apple, and AirBnB.
Modern software platform built for remote + hybrid businesses
We hope you found this overview of the best virtual mailbox and address services helpful. If you have thoughts you’d like to share or want to get in touch with the team, shoot us an email at hello@useStable.com!
Interested in giving Stable a try? Start here.
Stable provides permanent virtual addresses and mailboxes, so you never have to worry about mail or changing addresses again. We’ll digitize all mail you receive here, and you can scan, forward, shred, and even deposit checks from anywhere in the world.
Get started with Stable: Set up your virtual business address and mailbox in less than three minutes here.
Disclaimer: Stable is not a legal or accounting firm, therefore we cannot provide legal or tax advice. You should consult legal and tax professionals for advice on how to meet ongoing obligations that apply to you and your company.