📬 About Stable
Stable is a virtual address and mailroom for startups. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve grown to support 100+ companies. Customers love what we’re building, and we’re looking for empathetic and creative individuals to join us.
Remote work is changing how companies are structured and operated. The next 10 years of company building will be unlike anything we’ve ever seen before — defined by geographic diversity, distributed work-hubs, and virtualization of the physical world.
Stable is redefining how modern companies are formed and operated, starting with business addresses and mailrooms. We’re laying down tools, processes, and precedents –– infrastructure that will prove foundational from incorporation to IPO.
We're backed by incredible investors like Y Combinator, Hustle Fund, Remote First Capital, and founders from companies like Apartment List and Kabam.
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup as one of the first employees and impact the future of how companies are built.
As a full-stack software engineer at Stable you will contribute to every part of our codebase — from APIs, to internal tools, to customer facing web applications, the infrastructure you build will compound in effectiveness to empower our growing customer base, team, partners, and third party consumers.
Stable is simplifying outdated and convoluted regulatory frameworks with software. As an engineer on our team, you’ll help create elegant abstractions over archaic foundations so that consumers of this infrastructure can unlock solutions never before possible.
Your day-to-day work will directly influence how customers and partners interact with our products. Here are a few examples of the types of projects you’ll work on:
- Stable Dashboard –– A user facing web application for customers to view and take action on their mail, find meaningful business information, and more.
- Mail Partner Dashboard –– A mail partner facing web application at the nexus of our physical and digital mail operations. This dashboard currently saves our team and mail partners countless hours per day.
- Stable API –– A public API that allows consumers to utilize the software abstractions we’ve put over our physical operations.
This role is ideal for engineers invigorated by solving difficult problems and by building software with a large impact. You’ll be the first full-time engineer at an early-stage startup, and should be excited to apply your analytical, hacker-first, mindset towards problems of all types.
😀 Who you are
- Empathetic: You can easily put yourself in others’ shoes and enjoy understanding varying perspectives.
- Solution-oriented: You are motivated by results, and are good at understanding which problems are most important to solve first. When challenges arise, you don't hesitate to tackle them head on.
- Ownership: You feel an incredible sense of pride over your work and that of your team. No task is too small when it comes to the success of the team.
- Growth-minded: You consistently see the possibility in what could be. You're searching for ways to make things around you better than you found them and put in the effort to go above and beyond.
- Fantastic Communicator: You can clearly articulate complex ideas through writing and speaking, and understand the value this brings to organizations.
✅ What You'll Do
- Develop new products and features from scratch, and iterate on existing ones
- Contribute to and collaborate on all code in our codebase, while promoting great code quality
- Speak with customers, team members, and stakeholders to understand and solve their issues using technology
- Help design and implement core architecture
- Technologies we use: React, Typescript, Node, GraphQL, MySQL, and AWS (if you think a new technology can solve an engineering problem better, we’re all ears)
✨ Bonus Points
- Proven experience with database design, architecture, and UI / UX principles
🎁 What we offer
- Competitive salary and generous equity 🚀
- Unlimited vacation-time 🏖
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance 🏥
- Home office set-up 🖥
- Work from anywhere within US time zones (GMT-5 to GMT-10) 💻
- Opportunities to shape the future of Stable and grow into leadership roles 💌
📨 Interested in applying?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, LinkedIn, and GitHub or website. We look forward to hearing from you!