📬 About Stable
Stable makes it simple to headquarter a business on the internet. Companies like Indiegogo, Lugg, and Hipcamp use Stable to maintain their business address, digitize their mailbox, and manage their company from anywhere. To date, over 1000 business addresses and mailboxes have been created with Stable.
The growth we’ve seen has been fueled by a change in the world — no longer is a business tied to physical proximity or geography.
Whether it's to incorporate, open a bank account, sign a contract, or another imperative business task, institutions make antiquated assumptions about the way businesses now operate — requiring physical addresses, demanding wet signatures, communicating through physical mail.
For modern companies, especially those that have gone virtual, this is a painful experience that doesn't make sense for the new way of work — our mission is to fix this.
Starting with business addresses and mail, we take the complex, archaic systems that make company-building painful and turn them into delightful experiences — so that modern businesses have the tools they need to move forward faster.
We're backed by leading Silicon Valley investors like Y Combinator, Craft Ventures, Shakti, Hustle Fund, and founders from companies like Lattice, Apartment List, and FlexJobs.
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup as one of the first employees and have work that directly impacts the future of how companies are built.
As an Operations Lead, you will orchestrate the physical logistics that power our next phase of growth. To date, our team has launched addresses in CA, NY, and DE, deposited millions of dollars of checks, and processes thousands of pieces of mail per month — your core responsibility will be to 10x this capacity, scaling our address network across the US and improving our operational efficiencies internally.
As our first full-time operations hire, you will have the opportunity to build the systems that power our product. A few of your responsibilities will include:
- Scale our address network — Source, negotiate, and lead the expansion of our national address network.
- Improve operational efficiencies — Launch, track, and optimize our software + hardware enabled operations to speed up turn-around times, improve quality, and reduce errors as volumes grow.
- Establish and maintain relationships — Lead relationship management with our operating partners to ensure the continued resilience of our address network + operations.
- Spearhead new initiatives — Talk directly with customers and stakeholders to plan, launch, and lead new product lines related to physical logistics beyond addresses and mail.
This position is great for someone who is invigorated by wearing many hats in a fast-paced environment, excited to travel around the US, and won’t shy away from thinking outside of the box. We are looking for someone who is adaptive and excited to learn at an early-stage startup.
😀 Who you are
- Driven by impact: You consistently see the possibility in what could be. The idea that you can make the future better than the present is exciting — and you want to be surrounded by others that share this ambition.
- Learn by doing: You are motivated by results, and naturally understand which problems are most important to solve first. When challenges arise, you believe the best way to solve them is by tackling them head on.
- Form deep relationships: You can easily put yourself in others’ shoes and enjoy understanding varying perspectives. You’ve found a result of this tendency are relationships you care about deeply.
✅ What You'll Do
- Travel and scale our address network to new cities like Austin and Miami
- Track and prioritize operational issues with software or hardware
- Create operations dashboards and reports to track the health of the system
- Improve processes by working with our operators and engineering teams
- Maintain relationships with our operating partners
- Triage edge cases to bring customer problems to resolution and improve the system as a result
- 10x our operational capacity
- Maintain address usability
- Excited about solving complex problems with non-obvious solutions
- Technical background — solving operations problems will involve working closely with our engineering team
- Physical operations excite you, and you have had experience with them previously
- Proficient in SQL — you can answer your own questions and build your own dashboards
- Personable by default, energized by people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Live in the Bay Area — while we are a remote-first company, it is important for you to be physically near our processing facility, which is in San Francisco, CA
- Ability to travel — growing our address network will require traveling to locations to establish presence
🎁 What we offer
- Competitive salary and generous equity 🚀
- Unlimited vacation-time 🏖
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance 🏥
- Home office set-up 🖥
- Opportunities to shape the future of Stable and grow into leadership roles 💌
📨 Interested in applying?
Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and LinkedIn. We look forward to hearing from you!